Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fun Finds.

I copied this idea from my sister-in-law's blog. This is what she wrote on her blog about the job chart they are doing for their three year old:

Here is the job chart that James fashioned and created for Jacob. Everyday Jacob has the chance to earn what we call "Fuzzy Wuzzies" by doing a variety of tasks. He gets to put his Fuzzy Wuzzies on the board, and at the end of the day we add up the amount he earned. He then gives 10% to tithing, 40% to savings, and he gets to keep the other 50% to spend on whatever he chooses. He especially loves quarters because he loves to buy gumballs. He has a little money pouch we bought him at the rodeo, and he loves holding it, counting his money, and carrying it around in his pocket. He is learning a ton about the value of money, the different types of money, and we are hoping he is learning at least a little about good work ethics.





More fun finds at the dollar store. I love this little vase! I also picked up some fun Easter stuff up too. Carol came over for breakfast yesterday so I covered the table with Easter confetti and we drank out of egg straws.





I "made" these for a baby shower I threw. I just bought white chocolate covered pretzels and covered them with caramel (I bought the caramel cubes and put them in the microwave) and put them in the fridge to set up. They were so good (they barely lasted until the shower) and looked cool.






My sister, Heidi, came over to help me with the new baby. When we had a second, we made some earrings and little hair clips. I showed how to make the clips before on this blog and wanted to show some other ideas.





4 comments:

  1. I love all of the ideas and I am so glad that you post them so I can go make something!Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so crafty- I love those hair clips! Little Annie is going to be so dolled up in all those clips one day I'm sure :) Can't wait to meet her...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many great ideas! You are one of the most creative people I know! You inspired me to start a second blog, too- www.curiousforlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. im stealing your pretzel idea for anjanette's baby shower. i hope thats okay. they look so good!

    ReplyDelete