Sunday, September 19, 2010

Preschool Theme: Physical Fitness. Self-Selected Time. There are some great finds at Dollar Tree right now because they have out their Halloween costumes. Great to beef up your dress up box. I usually get gender neutral dress up stuff for the kids but I saw this tiara and knew Halley would love it. She put some high heels and was walking around.




The ball pit was added as one of the free time options.




Circle Time.
We read one of our mini books together. For the most part, we were able to be on the same page together! We're making progress.





Art Time. We made Olympic Flags and I told them a little about the Olympics and the sports they do in it.





Academic Time. We got out a bunch of different “ds” and stamp colors and stamped them on our paper.

I found these at a thrift store. They're pull apart cards and are great to review the letters we've learned so far in preschool.

Snack and story time. Multigrain muffins. Oh my goodness, they went crazy with excitement when I announced snack time (they always do). I had showed them the muffins before I put them in the oven so they were excited. I just added water to a package (I bought it from an old mill in Lehi, UT on vacation).




Music Time.
During music time, we had a couple songs where we followed what the music told us to do.


We also had plastic pads that had different activities on them (crab walk, jumping jacks, etc) that we did while we danced.



I gave everyone a bean bag and had them balance it on different body parts while we walked or danced.

Games.
We played “Stop and Go” with a red hand and a green light.
They would go back to the beginning in a fun way-skipping etc.

Everyone worked on their paddle ball skills. We celebrated any time one of the kids hit the paddle with the ball.

Physical

Fitness.
We went around the house and every time they found a colored pad, we did what it said until we found the next one. For example, we tip toed from one room to the next until we found a pad that said frog jump.

When I taught physics, I had my high school kids pick different activities like running or somersaulting and they would time themselves, note the distance, and find their velocity. I toned it down for the preschool kids and set out different footprint to follow and timed each kid. Then, I changed it up so they would hop or jump on one foot.



We marched with some instruments on a little walk. Donny and Grant liked their microphones. Everyone had fun.

For our last activity, we went next door to play on a slide. I wish I had brought my camera-they would make a train and immediately crawl up to go down again.

Homefun: Practice paddle ball. Each student got a box of a mix that needed water added or something easy. The kids are to help out with the cooking. We'll talk about these two things during circle time next preschool.


Annie made a homemade shaker and an art project at Katie's house. She came home so happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment