Sunday, September 25, 2016

Week 2:  Me and My Family

Choice Time.  Train sets and flannel dress up.

Circle Time.  Each kiddo brought a picture of their family and shared with the rest of the class.  From here on out, I will put just the circle time highlights but here is the normal outline for circle time: after we sing the clean up song we do the Hokey Pokey to start circle time, class share, songs, nursery rhyme (Jack Sprat right now), class memorization (we will start Dear Laddies and Jelly Fish), sight words (to, the and it right now), and sometimes the weather.  This is pretty loose and I interchange fun things to start the day.

Handwriting Without Tears.  This is my first year using this book and I love it.  It helps with reversals and has great ideas on how to introduce the correct way to write letters.  I plan on teaching the letters in class and helping Parks practice at home. 
 Image result for handwriting without tears

PE.  All the kids brought some wheels to class and we rode around in the warehouse.  Super fun!
 


Math.  On a paper plate, I wrote the number 5.  We collected five objects...5 flowers, 5 rocks, 5 blades of grass, etc. outside.
 

 

 
 

Art.  With my helpers, we outlined the kids and then they colored in their clothes and faces.
 

















 
 
These are some of the highlights of our day!  I did not take pics on Thursday but our highlight was doing our absorption lab.  I did it with Parks this summer.  We tested aluminum, cotton balls, and other items and talked about absorption and what it meant.



No comments:

Post a Comment