Friday, November 18, 2016

Cranberry Thanksgiving.

Circle Time.  Each child shared something they are grateful for in the circle.

Literature.  Cranberry Thanksgiving.  The kids got a kick out of this story.  I also found out from this story the age of some of the kids' parents.  Pearls mom is 79. Ha!  I think it was Nora's mom who was very very young (I can't remember now what she said).  We talked about when the book was written and ages.  Parks also told another child that "my dad is bigger than your dad" like he was proud.  I don't know where he got that from.

Art.  All the kids made Thanksgiving vests and headbands.

Game.  We played "Hot or Cold".  They could have played this forever and were sad to stop.

Quiet Reading.  Last year I used to do this once a week and it took awhile for the kids to be able to read quietly.  This year, I had a big pile of books and loved reading and enjoying the books.  I couldn't believe how in to it they were this year and for their first time!  We all shared what we had been reading and Emily read to the kiddos.
Reading Lessons.  The kids that know their letters and reading now and doing an incredible job!!  It's amazing to see their progression in such a short amount of time!

PE.  We went around the school doing squats, pushups, lunges, etc.  We got a good little workout in.  We also did a tiny bit of Yoga.

Spanish.  We practiced our colors and after they read a book in English, I would repeat in Spanish and have them say some of the Spanish with me.

Puppets.  My friend Sherrie is a survivor!  She has had two brain tumors and now is battling cancer.  This was one of her first steps back into things.  She is a great puppet master and taught the kiddos about how to manipulate the puppets to show different emotions.  The kids enjoyed playing with the puppets.  A funny part was when each kid had the puppet be their mom or dad and said something they would say.  One of my cuties (I won't name names) got up and made the puppet snore like his dad.  So funny!








No comments:

Post a Comment