Sunday, February 22, 2009

Creative Friends

This week I got soooo many ideas from creative friends. Megan threw me a baby shower and now I'm even more excited for little Annie to come (tomorrow)! Most of these ideas can be used for boys, for your own families, or for great gift ideas. ENJOY! I did!

Laura made these adorable booties and burp cloth. She said she got cloth baby shoes online and
said, "I also wanted to share this blog I like to check out when I need a good craft or project to work on. It has tons of ideas and fun things to try."







Annie got some fun books at the shower. I found some fun bookplates on the craftpad blog to put inside each of them so I can remember who gave them to her. I love that all of them can be downloaded free. The first vintage bookplate comes from the doe-c-doe blog.



Here are some girly bookplates by Emily Martin of The Black Apple via Craftsanity.



Simple Gift Book Plates
from Nested.






Belize made these darling headbands. She sewed the felt flowers onto the band. Check out her Etsy site.







Katie put together some cds of kids songs. Apollo and I have been listening to them every day. I love the envelopes they came in. Katie has always had great style. She made square envelopes using different designs of paper. Katie told me she didn't use a template, she said she just folded the paper around the cds. On top of some she cut out pictures to put on the top. She covered everything with packing tape.









When Janae had her little girl, she went to a nice store to get her burp clothes, swaddling blanket, and wipe/diaper carrier then thought "I could make these myself".




For the burp cloths, she just took normal burp cloths and sewed material to some and ribbon onto some. So simple and so cute!



I love how she has the swaddling blanket instructions pinned to the blanket. Her mom designed it and printed it out.






Megan threw the beautiful shower and made some yummy and beautiful chocolate covered strawberries. She said "hey, okay so my recipe is so super easy...

1 bag of milk choc, 1 bag of semi-sweet and 2 Tablespoons of Crisco in microwavable bowl
microwave for 1 minute
stir
microwave for an additional minute
(time may vary so just make sure not to over cook them)
Dip and twist strawberries
This makes a ton, so you can always cut the bags in half. Also I love to drizzle a little white choc on top. You do the same thing to melt it."



Christy made the design on these cute onesies! She said she designed them on photo shop (you could find a cute picture off the web too) and printed them out on iron-on paper and then put them on white little onesies. They turned out so cute.





Brenley taught me how to make hairclips. Since I found out I'm having a girl, I feel the pressure to have cute hair accessories. I was excited to see how easy and fun they are to make. Here are the beautiful models Anna, Ally, and Eden to show off some of them.






How to make these hairclips:

1. Hot glue ribbon onto the on all the surfaces of the clips (they can be found at Sally's, Target, etc.).



2. From here, you can hot glue flowers (you know the fake ones you don't take much notice of at Michaels or other craft stores), stickers, buttons, beads, brads for scrapbooking, or bows. Julianne showed us how to make bows so I'll have to try some out on my own and then I'll post them.


Here are some that we finished.



Brenley's sister-in-law made this cute bow-holder. It's a frame with two ribbons that are glued to the back.





Karen and Rebecca made this blanket. The material is so fun.


2 comments: