Monday, March 16, 2009

A New Normal

For our first adventure alone since baby Annie's arrival, Apollo and I took a "nature walk" around our place. Apollo needed some mom time. We collected a bunch of flowers and other things on our walk and then glued them on a piece of paper-complete with Apollo's scribbles. We labeled everything and it a reminder on our fridge that things will get back to normal even though it will be a "new normal" for our family.






My friend, Ziggy, told me about a cool dollar store-I can't believe all the fun stuff they have. I bought these plastic popsicle makers along with some fat-free fiber yogurt (it sounds nasty, but hey, it was a buck). I swirled some applesauce into the yogurt to make the popsicles. They turned out pretty good. Carleton said as a kid they had orange, apple, and other juices to make the pops.






Jean Lee emailed this cool idea and said "Here's one idea you may already know...
Easter bunny (aka boo boo bunny). After you enjoy the Easter egg, you can put in an ice cube for any boo boo. Kids' hands don't get cold and the towel absorbs the water as the ice melts." Thanks Jean!


1 comment: