Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let's "SHAKE" "HANDS"

I found this yummy Banana-Oat Smoothie in Martha Stewart's
Every Day Food. We've had it a few times and really like it-easy and healthy.

Ingredients

Serves 1

  • 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 1 banana, cut into thirds
  • 1/2 cup fat-free milk
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions

Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth; serve immediately.




I made this Little Red Riding Hood hand puppet when I was little and made it again recently for Apollo's birthday. He likes to listen to the story told with all the characters. It's fun and easy to make. I just used felt, a knit glove (they were a buck at Joanne's fabric store), ribbon, wiggly eyes (bigger ones for the wolf and smaller ones for the woodcutter and Grandma), yarn (for the hair), and brown puff balls for the wolf's nose. I found all of it at Michael's in the craft section. I used hot glue to put it all together.









No comments:

Post a Comment