Sunday, July 12, 2009

My new favorite thing.

I have to write a little about my nights off. I am loving them. I get Wednesdays and Carleton gets Thursdays (unless things come up and we switch days). We take care of kids, clean up dinner, and cook dinner on the other person's night off. We still eat as a family and do our little bedtime routine. It starts as soon as Carleton gets home from work. Usually Wed. is just another day but now I look forward to it all week.

Why I love my night off:

-It motivates me to get things done, like prepare a craft for the night and get the house clean so I can enjoy the night.
-I feel better and am a better mom.
-I use my time better doing things I love
-I ask for special favors from Carleton (I don't know how to put it another way). Like one night he serenaded Annie and me with the guitar. Another night I made a special request of sugar cereal instead of a meal.

Why I love Carleton's night off:
-I try to make his night special. Apollo and I experiment by making low cal desserts (from the Hungry Girl cook book).
-I get time to play with the kids. We've gone swimming, shopping, or just play.
-I like cooking a meal with Apollo for the family.
-I know he'll be busy that night so I always plan something fun for myself, too.
-Carleton says he loves it and looks forward to it.

Some things I've done on my night off:

-Craft with a friend
-Take a long bath with candles. I found all this cool stuff when we moved that I had not even opened -like this scalp calming aromatherapy stuff.?
-Read by the pool
-Work on my projects

-Eat Carleton's delicious meals he makes
-Blog
-Shop

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!! That is such a good idea! I think we might have to implement that when Erick starts school this fall!
    You are full of so many good ideas!

    ReplyDelete