Sunday, July 5, 2009

Land that I Love.

I'm in love with Michaels. I bought a bunch of stuff to decorate the kids' stroller for the fourth. The kids are the main event and throw out candy.




I got these finger paints for a buck. We (I) painted a flag on aluminum foil and painted a mug. Apollo would turn it over and "stamp" the paper.



Fruit Pizza. My Aunt Susan, would make this for us when we got together for swim parties. Making it yesterday brought back good memories-still just as yummy.
Fruit Pizza Directions:
Crust:
1/2 C margarine
1/2 C Crisco
1 1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 C flour
2 t cream of tarter
1 t soda
1/4 t salt

Cream Cheese Frosting:
8-12 oz soft cream cheese
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
3 T pineapple juice

Topping:
Sliced fruits of your choice
I used raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries and dipped them in white chocolate. To make the melted chocolate I added a little water to white choc. chips and put it in the microwave until it melted. I put the left over choc. chips on the pizza.

Mix first 3 crust ingredients, and then mix in the remaining crust ingredients. Spread around a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10 min. Refrigerate. Top with frosting then fruit.

I threw a shower for Lacey, and her mom brought this:
It's beautiful. She said it was pretty intense to make. I thought it would be good to just buy a cheesecake at Costco and use this picture as inspiration.


Here's a trifle her mom brought. Another beautiful dessert. Lacey sent me the recipe and it calls for fruit, shortbread, and a strawberry mixture. My favorite strawberry mixture is just strawberry yogurt, cream cheese, and cool whip.


2 comments:

  1. I found you!! Thanks for sharing those yummy 4th deserts!! Oh and I love the BOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM. That fruit pizza looks amazing. I did somethings similar but with pound cake and jello...it was pretty good, and I loved the strawberry/blueberry flag idea. Do you think it's coincidence that strawberries and blueberries are in season during the 4th? I don't think so :) Love all the dessert ideas.

    ReplyDelete