Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fun Party Decoration (or mobile).

I used these at a baby shower I threw. They looked beautiful over the food table. I saw a blog today where they used them at a wedding shower as a decoration.




Here is a picture I took of Annie just after I put the mobile up-she loved looking at the pretty paper.




Materials needed:*String or ribbon (I found some metallic thread I had)
*Paper
*Glue
*Mod podge (just if you want to put a glaze on the outside)
*Hole punch or scissors
*Foam brush (anything to use to wipe glue)



1. Hole punch the circles. I hole punched 72 for 6 (back to back) circles on 6 strings.





2. Put the string in the middle of the circles and brush the glue (I just used craft glue-anything would work) on the circle and string. I used a few magazines to glue and then would move onto the next page so I would have new surfaces that weren't sticky to work with.




3. Stick another circle on the back.




4. I put my circles in random places on each string-do it to your liking.




5. I bought some metal rings because I thought I would tie the strings to it to hang it above Annie's crib but I thought it looked more simple and pretty without the rings. I just found some flat thumb tacks I had that I used to hang them above her crib. At the shower, I just hung them with tape-they looked great.


2 comments:

  1. I love it!! I think I'll make one for Ryan, I was just thinking about doing something like that the other day.
    P.S. Your blog is making me HUNGRY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete