Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Flower Cards.

I've been making hair clips with flowers on them and I thought the flowers would look cute on cards as well (the cards flatten down so they can be put into envelopes). I did these in one evening.

Materials needed:
-Cards or paper folded to look like a card (I bought my super cheap at Target)
-Fake flowers
-Brads (you can put buttons or anything else as a flower center-I bought some glittered brads again for cheap at Target)
-hot glue gun




1. Cut the stem part of the flower.


2. Take the petals completely off the plastic part.


3. Stick the brad through the holes (where the stem was). Then stick the brad through a ribbon.


4. Glue the ribbon onto the card. The edges of the ribbon will be a little frayed on the ends. Run a little hot glue on the ends to seal them (this way you don't have to waste ribbon by folding it under).

Here are some other flowers, ribbons, and brad colors I tried:




2 comments: