Friday, June 12, 2009

English Teacher Gone Mom.

My friend, Bonnie, and I were first year high school teachers together. She taught English and I taught Chemistry. She saved me that year. She's since had two cute little kids. I follow her blog and have fun seeing the creative and cool mother that she is. I asked if I could post her ideas on my blog and copied these pics and her words. Such good ideas. I love the little necklace she made for Audrey.

This is from her blog:
We have had a fun week learning the letter P. This has been by far my favorite! We started out with our typical activity, of cutting out the capital and lowercase letters, talking about and drawing what starts with P, etc. I had made a little paper book and had written a P word on each page, and printed clip art for each word. I put five or six pictures out at a time, and read the book with Audrey, asking her to find the picture that matched the word I read, then tape it to the page. There were about 30 pages. She was really into that. Once we were done she was supposed to color the pictures, but she decided to play with her toys instead. The above picture is the best I got while asking her to hold her book up so it could be in the picture too.
Another day we made pancakes in our pajamas and read about the prophet of our church in the Friend.


One night we made pizza for dinner. Audrey had her own dough and pan, and copied me while I pushed out the dough. Then she put on her own toppings (I did the cheese).



Another day we played pirates. Under all that pirate gear, she's wearing princess shoes. It works.

We also had a picnic in the park one day, and it was actually quite peaceful for me. I relaxed on the picnic blanket with Ian while Audrey ran around.
We made popcorn and glued some to a picture of a tree, singing Popcorn Popping. Audrey was fascinated by the air popper. We did puzzles. I was going to make a puppet show about the three little pigs but never got around to it. Maybe this week I will. There are so many words that start with P and I kept pointing them out when we'd read stories or talk at the dinner table. I think Audrey started to get irritated with me saying, "P-p-peas starts with...?" or "What does p-p-purple start with?" Don't worry Audrey, I'm sure I'll tone down the enthusiasm with letter Q.

1 comment:

  1. You have so many great ideas! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing them with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete