Sunday, October 4, 2009

Halloween. Witch's Broom.

I saw this at a cute little Halloween store and thought I could make it myself. It's a fun and easy project.


Materials Needed:
Dowel stick-for the broom handle (a tree branch might even look better and would be cheaper)
Rafia- You can get it at any craft store. I found a dried branch from a palm tree that would have worked well too.
Paint-Spray paint and something to paint the stripes
Masking Tape



Here's how:
1. Spray paint the stick black. After it's dry, tape off where you want the stripes. I did two on the top and one on the bottom.


2. For the broom sweeper part, I fold the rafia three times and cut the bottom then spray painted it.



3. Paint the stripes. Apollo helped. The paint bled under the tape but I liked how it didn't look perfect-it added to the whole Halloween thing.

...and here it is...




1 comment: