Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Halloween. Scary Specimens.

I bought all the jars, glasses, and silver platter from the D.I. (the second hand store I mentioned earlier). The mossy stuff came from the Dollar Tree (it's a few bucks more at Michaels). We set this as our centerpiece on our table and try to eat around it. Putting everything on a platter makes it easier if you want to move it. I've seen people put masking tape and label the specimens in the glass jars as if they came from a science lab.


I challenged Carleton to fill three of the jars. He took the kids and picked up some cool looking stuff at the grocery store. I pulled the tops off these peppers-they look like dried worms or fingers to me.


Dried papayas.


Fire pineapples. They look like hearts.

Blood. Syrup with red food coloring. I let some run down inside the glass and it dried cool.


Dried apples with a cockroach (they come in pack at the dollar store).



Goopy Eyeballs.

The cup came from the dollar store. They had blood you could put on the window so I used one for this.


The glass with the scabs (top pic) was done with sticker scabs and I just put catchup inside. What ideas are doing for Halloween? I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment