Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Party part VI. Decorations.

Here's my last post of Annie's party. Hopefully you can get some ideas for a party or get together.
We were planning on Annie's party being at this cute park with tables and a trellis type cover where we could hang the puff balls and balloons. Weather did not cooperate. A rainstorm came through. Our friends let us use their clubhouse at their complex.





List. We made a 2 page list of every little thing we would need to take with us and set up for the party. We wrote down the order of activities and what we would need for each activity.
Bean bag Toss, Pin the Nose on the Clown, Doughnut Eating Contest, Birthday song and Cake, Cake and Cupcake Eating, and Open Presents.







Puff Balls. This came from Martha Stewart (I think it was for an adult New Year's party). I crumpled cupcake liners on a pen and then hot glued them to some old balls.







I didn't have tons of balls and the Styrofoam balls (suggested by the Martha Stewart Magazine) were too expensive. So, here's the cheap way to make them and they turn out just as beautiful:

1. Crumple cupcake liners around a pen.


2. Crumple magazine papers (any cheap paper) together (the more you do, the bigger the ball will be). I used white computer paper on the outside so you could just see white. Tape the ball/wad of paper with tape so it holds its shape. Hot glue the cupcake liners to the taped ball.




Keep going until it looks as full as you would like.






They can be hung with ribbon. I just set them around on the paper and prize table. I used the white ones the next week for a baby shower I threw.










Glitter Gems. Apollo helped me with these. We just dipped them in glue and then dipped them in glitter.



To check out the cake table, gift table, and other decorations, go back to the older blogs about the birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Dang! You went to a lot of work for her. She's a lucky girl. I love those puff balls.

    ReplyDelete