Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. This is the real name of the recipe and they live up to their name.

My husband found this recipe the other day from allrecipes.com. My sister first told me about the website. You can find anything from light meals to frosting and since they are all rated you can pick the favorites of people that try the recipes.

Carleton likes his lightly brown and a little crispy on the edge:






I like my cookies like hard dough. We are dough lovers in our family. I remember having one of those little cooking kits with the packets as a little girl and my mom asking if we could just make dough out of one.



These both came from the same recipe but if you like them doughy like I do, just take them out a couple minutes early. My mom always got rave reviews from her chocolate chip cookies and her two secrets are: take the cookies out of the oven a couple minutes early and use milk chocolate instead of the semi-sweet.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate and white choc chips)
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (I left these out-we're not nut in cookie fans around here)


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
  3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.



Enjoy Cameo and everyone else that loves a good chocolate chip cookie. Would love to hear what you think.

4 comments:

  1. It's funny - Carleton and I must be from the same family - I definitely love mine just a bit crispy as well! I'm excited to try it out. I'll let you know how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made these! I could tell by the way the dough tasted that they were going to me YUMMY. I love the dough too and love my cookies a little bit doughy and then sometimes frozen :)

    I was smart this time and froze half the dough for later! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were really good! I thought one choc chip cookie was much like the rest but these were especially good!

    ReplyDelete