Saturday, August 21, 2010

Me and My Family





Here's our highlights from our first day of school.


Self Selected Time. When Carleton asked Apollo what he learned in school, he said "dress up." After everything we did, and that's what sticks out...funny.




Circle Time. We read the big book Quick as a Cricket, then each child brought a collage of their family and talked about it. As "extra credit", they brought pictures of families from around the world.

Art Time. I outlined each one and then they colored themselves.

Each kiddo brought a pic of their family or themselves and decorated a frame for it.





Here's a little stick person they made of themselves.


Academic Time. We celebrated Letter A and Number 1. The kids traced big and little A (I just Googled "trace letter A preschool." For number one, I tore a page from a workbook I bought where they trace each number. We went on a walk and as we walked I would tell them different things to find like "find 1 flower...find 1 blade of grass etc.". When we got back home they taped what they found onto their number 1 worksheet.

Here the kids are running with their bags behind them like capes.


Snack and a Story. We made veggie and fruit faces. A sheet of foil worked great for each kid and I could put some hummus on there too for dipping. Here's what I had out for them to choose from: broccoli, black grapes, carrots, black berries, tomatoes, green peppers, and Cheerios. We read Alphabites for our story. It's cute. Has a bite out of the book and names a fruit or veggie with every letter of the alphabet.



Science Experiment. I swear I need a photographer-it's too much for me to run preschool and take pics of the cute things they do at the same time...so, I took a Google pic of what we did. Just poor a pack of Mentos into Diet Coke. Each student drew pictures of the 8 ft explosion. Fun. We talked a little about chemical reactions.



My little Annie goes to my friend, Katie's house during preschool. She is treated like a queen. I'm glad she gets special time too.

2 comments:

  1. So happy to read about your fun preschool! Good work Robyn, You have a very lucky class. Can't wait to hear more about what you will be doing this year.

    ReplyDelete