Saturday, August 21, 2010

Preschool

I'm doing a preschool for Apollo and his buddies. I looooove it. I've had so much fun preparing for their first big day. It's fun teaching again. I'm going to blog what I do each time for those doing a co-op preschool or those moms looking for fun activities to do with their kids. I've been on the hunt for healthy snacks so I'll post those too.

Here's what I had set up before the kids got here:

Vintage pics. I got a bunch of vintage children books from my mother in law and from thrift stores. I scanned pictures from the books and printed them off at Costco.

Welcome sign. I put this guy with the scroll on the wall right where the kids come in the door. I wrote "welcome" on it with all all the kids' names.





"Clock". This is our daily order of events.





Self selected time.
They can choose the dramatic play area, computer time, or another activity I have set out when they first come.





Circle Time.
This is where we read a big book (they are literally gigantic books that the kids love), do show and tell, sing our "Days of the Week" and "Who Put the Cookie in the Cookie Jar" and other songs, and share thoughts (like what they do for fun or what they ate for breakfast).






Art time.




Academic Time. We celebrate a number and letter every week.




Snack and a Story.




Music Time.





Quiet Reading. We started with five minutes of quiet reading and will move up to ten. This give the kids time to "read" to themselves while I read my own book too.





Science Experiment.




Games.




Physical Fitness.




Ending Circle Time. We review what we've done.





Here are my darling students. I (well, Carleton) blew up a head picture of each kiddo to an 8 by 10 inch size and laminated them with a very thick laminate. They are not all the same size here, but they were when we printed them off.














I put a sign with their name in front of their pics so they knew where to put their preschool binder and backpacks. They brought them over to circle time and sat on their faces. Nobody gets confused on where to sit (nobody has the same face) and you can tell them to sit on their face if they wander off and they know where to go.



Donny, Myles, Grant, Apollo, and Halley...welcome to preschool!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment