Monday, January 7, 2013

 A Suddenly Salad.

 


I feel like I get in the lunch rut and think something like a salad would take too long to prepare...to cut all the veggies.  So, this is what I came up with...I threw a bunch of bags and toppings on the table and let the kids fix their own salads.  They loved it.  Healthy and yummy.

Here's what I set out (basically grabbed what I had on hand):
bag of salad
box of goldfish (I took them out of the stocking bag)
bag of almonds
cut apples and left them on the cutting board
ricotta cheese bucket

I used Dr. Oz's dressing recipe:
5 T olive oil
5 T vinegar (I used balsamic)
5 t honey


I put the dressing in a little Tupperware to serve and then stir for later. 


 These were perfect little pieces for the little man to eat too. 




This salad was just as easy to but together as pb & j!

No comments:

Post a Comment