Sunday, February 24, 2013


 Easiest Oatmeal Ever.



We're always rushed in the morning with 3 small kids...trying to get to the gym before preschool or other activities.  My kids loooove oatmeal so here are my tricks to making oatmeal (using old fashioned oats...not from the packets):

1.  Put oats and enough milk to cover them in a larger bowl (I use my bigger soup bowls...smaller bowls will boil over).  

2.  Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes.

3.  I can dish out oatmeal to two other bowls (one kid eats out of the bowl I used to microwave).

4.  The kids pick their toppings.  Some sweetners we've used:  agave nectar, bananas, raspberries, blueberries, brown sugar...they almost always ask for some peanut butter.  Nuts are yummy too.  I like to throw any fruit we have in the fridge in the mix.

5.  I put any leftovers in the fridge and the next day I add a little milk, heat it up, and they eat it again.

The kids get out the bowls and spoons so it takes no time to do this.  I have no problem making it even if only one kiddo wants it because it's so quick.



1 comment:

  1. I love this oatmeal!!!! I mean I really LOVE it. I've been eating it for breakfast several times a week. YUM. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete