Saturday, October 29, 2016

Image result for another celebrated dancing bear



 Another Celebrated Dancing Bear.


Choice Time.  We added Legos into the mix today.

Literature.  It was fun to talk about Russia and introduce this book.  I even taught them a dance step...they did great!

 Handwriting without Tears.  Today we worked on letter P.

PE.  We took some ribbon and threw it back and forth to make a web.  Some of us held the "spider web" we made while others crawled like little spiders underneath.

Art.  We looked at a landscape in the book and made our own.  The kids did long strokes of water colors on the big paper and cut our trees, houses, and buildings from black paper to make silhouettes.  They were supposed to put their silhouettes on their mountains but something got lost in translation and we all had floating pieces.  All part of the fun.


Game.  I once went to a meeting where a couple had home schooled their children and they ended up going to top notch collages.  They talked about in impact that board games had on their kids and how great they are for them.  I agree!  I was so lucky to have three helpers for an hour the other day.  Each group played a different game and when they were done or ready for a new game, we just fed them through.  They practiced patterns, numbers, etc.  It was fun!  They learned a lot of new games.  We played Old Maid, War, Qwirkle, Candy Land, I Spy, Spot It, and Jenga.

Journal.  When I grow up, I want to be...  Some of the answers were Spiderman, an alien, a mama, a cowgirl, and a fireman.

 

Yoga and Meditation.  We did some yoga moves and listened to a butterfly meditation.  The kids were perfectly quiet for the seven minutes!!  What?!  We have tried it before but I couldn't believe this time.  They loved it.  The meditation talked about butterflies by their feet and afterwards I asked what color their butterflies were and they all could tell me.




It was fun to dress up yet again.  The learning center did pj day and Halloween dress up again.  I didn't have my phone one day and didn't take many pics the other day.  Having too much fun!  The time just flies by for me!













No comments:

Post a Comment