Sunday, October 9, 2016

Make an Apple Pie and Travel the World.

 
Do I have the best job ever?!! I get to wear a 50's dress, put on an apron, and learn how to make apple pies with my favorite little people.

Circle Time.  Right now we are working on the sight words and, it, to, and the.  We are also working on memorizing the Ladies and Jellyfish poem and the nursery rhyme Jack Sprat.  They love practicing Five Little Pumpkins and when it says "out went the light", one of the kids turns off the light.  The kids love doing shares and the other songs and movement activities we do.

For individual reading time, the kids can use this tool to practice "building"  letters the correct way and can see their marks on the screen from the magnet.


Literacy.  My sister was so nice and helped us make the pies.  She read the kids Make an Apple Pie and Travel the World.  It was Nora's birthday so all the kids ate donuts outside and listened to the story while eating suckers.  I was glad they had something sweet to eat because the kids made the pie and didn't get a chance to eat it before they were baked.



 



Marvel is an expert baker and I was so excited to have her teach us how to make pies.  I was told that I was crazy to make pies from scratch with kids but they were wonderful and enjoyed it.  Heidi, my sister, brought an apple slicer and peeler with a crank that the kids all took turns using.  I was so inspired that I am ready to make one for Thanksgiving.  I heard that Grant wants to teach his family how to make one.  Warms my heart!

I took some random shots during the day.





















 













Look at these good lookin' pies!!  Marvel, you are the best.  Nora's expression in this picture is so so cute!


On Thursday, we got to eat our apple pie and sold the rest for our little preschool business.  Thank you moms for helping bake them.  I don't think I have ever smelled anything yummier!  They were a big hit!!






 

Journal.  My favorite foods are...


Science Experiment.  The kids all shook salt onto a plate.  We mixed the salt with water until we couldn't see it anymore.  We set it out in the sun and at the end of class we checked on it.  On the parts that began to dry, we could see the salt crystals.  We talked about evaporation and what was going on in the experiment.


Reading.  We read a couple of fun Halloween books.

Spanish.  We learned a new new song about mixing chocolate with the hand motions.  We also sang 10 Indiasitos practicing our numbers in Spanish.

Sports.  We introduced soccer to the kids and practiced kicking on the inside of our feet.  Emily and I "pitched" to the kids.  Afterwards, we all played with the parachute, making a "home" inside and throwing balls on top.







Amelie wore a darling little apple dress.


Fun Week!


No comments:

Post a Comment