Monday, February 6, 2017

Choose Your Adventure

Circle Time.  The memorizations the  kids have done are Dear Laddy and Jellyfish, Hey Diddle Diddle, Jack and Jill, 10 Little Indians in Spanish, and Jack Sprat.  We are going to keep adding more nursery rhymes.  I had a lawyer friend that always worked on nursery rhymes with her children and I read in a brain book that memorization is so great and it is being taken away in schools.  I think the kids feel proud of themselves for being able to do it without me.

Choice Time.  Here are some pics of choice time.  Some kids chose play dough, others the  plastic food and dishware, and I meet with one child to work on reading skills at a time.




 

Literature.  Valentine Books.  I got some cute ones from the library.

Math.  Q-Bits (great for following patterns), Chutes and Ladders, and Sorry.  We did this in stations with my helpers so each child got to play each game for awhile. 


Choose your own adventure.  I did this once last year and did it again this year.  The kids loooooved it.  I didn't get through hardly any names, so we'll keep them in a box and draw a name out now and then, so they can choose an adventure too.  I got the slingshot led planes (that I had planned on using for The Glorious Flight but didn't get to it).  I set out a page with cards taped to it that had fun ideas underneath that I set out.

Parachute.  We put balls on the parachute, made a little tent, switched colors, and played with the big parachute.

Planes.  The kids practiced with the led planes and some of us made some on our own.


Money.  Faith brought in some fake money and the kids really like playing with it.  All the kids got all the dollar bills from 100 down to 1 and all the coins.  We talked about how we could group them (I know this was a big subject they worked on in kindergarten).  We grouped them according to material, worth, etc.




Charades.  The kids get a little crazy with excitement on this game!



No comments:

Post a Comment