Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekly Challenge #18

Focus on good posture. I was hunched over as Heidi was telling me the challenge over the phone:)


How did last week go trying to be more present? I remember on my mission in Argentina, I was getting up at 5:30 to exercise, training a new missionary,-trying to be perfect and feeling overwhelmed. I talked to my "mission mom" and needed to chill out. I remember teaching my trainee from Argentina how to dance in the rain and stopping for a minute to watch some kids play soccer. I came home from my mission and tried to do the same thing-enjoying the flowers on my way to class. I feel that I'm trying to keep everything clean, spend quality time with the kids (or get them busy so I can get stuff done) and sometimes forgetting to enjoy the simple pleasures and be in the moment instead of planning or worrying about the next.

I'm in the final section of Eat Pray Love. I listen to it on my ipod when there is a task I'm not really looking forward too (like cleaning up after meals) and time passes quickly. Anyway, she talks about one of her best days was just making a beautiful meal out of some fresh ingredients she bought from an Italian market and reading the newspaper in Italian-simple pleasures. She talks about learning to quiet her mind and praying. I have been inspired and want to be more present every day and find beauty every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment