Thursday, January 20, 2011

Preschool Theme: Opposites



Great idea: I got this idea from Krista and I love it. I picked up these lasagna tins from the Dollar Tree so the kids could glue, glitter, and paint in them. I always put a table cloth on but this makes clean up even easier.



Circle Time.
The kids shared the opposite pairs they brought with the other kids. We read a story about opposites.


Art Time
. Opposite books.






Go
here to download the pictures of opposite pairs. I copied each picture and pasted them in Word (4 to a page). Their pages look awesome. The kids use a swimming pool amount of glue per object so we'll have to let them dry for a while and finish them next week.







The kids added some texture to three of the pages for fun...cotton balls to the SOFT kitty, sand on glue to the turtle's HARD shell, and leaves we collected to the dog OUTSIDE.





Academic Time.
To celebrate letter R we looked at Youtube clips of a roller coaster, rabbits, river rafting, and runners racing.
We did a page out of this Preschool Workbook. I got them at the Dollar Tree. Apollo finished it in two days and loved it so I bought it for all my kids. They have great academic workbooks and flashcards for many ages.

Snack and a Story.


Big Marshmallow. Little Marshmallow.


Mushy applesauce. Crunchy crackers.


Sweet fruit snacks. Salty chips.

Black and White cookies.
We read Red Stop! Green Go! By Dr. Suess

Music Time. We did the bug dance. We hop forward and backward-step left and right so we talked about the opposites. I put on Black Eyed Peas (again...they love it) and we danced high...low...crazy...peacefully...fast...slowly...loudly...quietly...big...small.





Games. We played Red Light, Green Light. We played charades where I told the kids to do something like sleep and after the kids guessed what the child was doing, we all did the opposite.




Physical Fitness.
Our first attempt jumping rope.





Random Thoughts about the kids:

Grant: He called me mommiebobby or something today; when I asked if he wanted applesauce he said no, just the marshmallows and chips-funny-normal kid; everyone loved his crocodile-it was the hit of the party; I love how he always comes running in to preschool...he even gets me more excited for preschool with his great attitude!

Jonathan: Good eater, very polite, he picked flowers for me today when we went outside to play so I put them under my headband; he picked flowers for his mom last time but I forgot to tell her; he loves to play with trains; I could tell he was done making his little book and said he felt sick but as soon as we started music time all of the sudden he had energy and was as happy as could be:); I asked Apollo what his favorite part of preschool was and he said playing trains with Jonathan (just before preschool started) he said "I asked him to play with me and he played with me."

Nicole: The lasagna tins are awesome for Nicole to keep her creativity contained-she doesn't color with one pen but a handful at a time and every inch of what ever she does is covered; she loved doing a puzzle with Halley today; she's such a GREAT helper and is the first one to clean up


Halley: I loved the opposite pair Halley brought- diaper and undies-she was very proud to show them to the group; she worked hard at jumping the rope and had fun; she saw Jonathan picking flowers for me so Halley did too-very sweet;;

Donny: Feel better buddy.


Apollo: He has a very long attention span and had fun putting his book together. He was very detailed and did an amazing job tracing his letters; he was frustrated jumping the rope-we'll have to work at it; he was goofier than normal today-probably just getting more comfortable and having fun with the kids;

No comments:

Post a Comment