Monday, May 7, 2012

DIY.  Painting on glass.


I bought this $4 brown, glass vase at the Salvation Army it transformed into a beautiful sea-blue vase.  I see things like this at stores for a lot of money.



 A little scratched up looking.
 


Here's how if you want to give it a try.  I loved it so much I'm going to do a lot more of it.  

Step 1...Prime it.  I used a gray (just because I had some left over from another project but you usually try to match the paint color you'll be using)-the Rust-oleum brand where you can paint on plastic too.  I did very very light coats and did a few coats until it was solidly covered.  It looked like this in the beginning.  Make sure you are a distance away and spray continuously.
 



This is what it looked like once it was covered with primer.                        
                                



 Step 2...Spray paint.  I used Rust-Oleum's Painter's Touch Ultra Cover.  It was the satin aqua color.  Any spray paint should work (Krylon's not my fav).  I did some light coats until it was covered well.


 Step 3...Seal it.  Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover Gloss Clear is good (it also bonds to plastic) to give the piece a glossy appearance.  This also keeps the paint from chipping.  I sprayed a few coats until it was shiny enough for me.




























No comments:

Post a Comment