Sunday, June 10, 2012


 DIY Martha Stewart Pom Poms.

I made these for a baby shower and used the white ones again for another gathering.  Now, I'm going to use them to decorate Annie's room.  You can go to Youtube HERE (this is where I went) for a super easy clip on how to make them. 

1.  Cut 8 pieces of decorative tissue in half (not so they're long and skinny... the other way).




2.  Fold the sheets back and forth like an accordion (about 1 to 1.5 inches).











 3.  Tie something around the middle to secure the tissue papers in place.  I just used yarn.
 



4.  Trim the edges-just round them off.





 5.  Flatten out one side to make it look like a fan.


 6.  Pull each individual piece apart.  Be careful-it tears easily...but even if you do it's not that noticeable.  Then do the same thing to the other side.











 I found these candlesticks at a thrift store for $11.  I saw them for $20-30 each at HomeGoods.  I (my mom) primed, painted, and glossed them (all spray paint).  They are beautiful.  I put some pretty candles on them in my house after the shower.













 Now the pom poms will find a home in Annie's room.  I found this on pinterest.






No comments:

Post a Comment