Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Canvases.

My sister has this cool chair in her daughter's room. She took a couple of the flowers and drew each one on a canvas for her room. It's nice, because if she messed up she could paint over it or erase the pencil. She did an awesome job!



My brother-in-law, Josh, painted this canvas for the master bedroom above the fireplace. The paint was left "chunky" looking. They collect art and go through galleries. They had seen art where the paint looks like it was "globbed" on and Josh tried it himself. He used a knife thing and not a paintbrush.


My sister, Heidi, painted it! for Annie. Her room is going to be pinks and black. But until she gets her own room, it looks great in our living room. She had seen one similar that they liked so Josh drew it (free hand!!). Heidi first painted the canvas black, Josh drew it with white colored pencil (it could be traced if there is a pic you like), then Heidi went over it with the white acrylic paint.



These are in the guest room. I painted the canvases brown and then painted my popcorn bowl's rim blue and set it on the canvas. Thanks Mom, for the bowl idea.

2 comments:

  1. That is a family with a lot of TALENT!! I love everything! I love this blog!! Keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are all artsy and creative! I love doing things with canvases and am in love with the bowl idea you did!

    ReplyDelete