Thursday, May 21, 2009

Red Velvet Bars.



I try to eat pretty healthy but I indulge in two treats a week. Since I just get two, I make them good ones. The girl that gave me this recipe won a contest for it at her university. It's so easy and so delicious.

As always, I had my expert chef help me out. I need to make him a little smock or something so he doesn't always have to be half naked to help me cook.




Cake Ingredients
1 Box German chocolate cake mix
1 Egg
1 Stick butter, softened
1 oz Red food coloring

Cream Cheese Ingredients
16 oz Cream cheese
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract (I use a little bit more)
2 Eggs

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 35o degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan.
2. Mix the cake ingredients and spread in pan.
3. Mix the cream cheese ingredients and spread on to of cake mixture.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cream cheese has golden spots.



1 comment:

  1. i cannot wait to try this, it sounds sooo easy and so good! i love your rule about 2 treats a week, great idea!

    ReplyDelete