Sunday, August 2, 2009

Kiddo Crafts at Cabin.


Paper Plate Faces.
My friend, Eve, told me about familyfun.com. I got this idea from the Family Fun magazine. Here's how we made them:

1. We "shopped" for our materials in nature. We took the kids around the cabin to gather rocks, leaves, flowers, etc.



2. The artists went to work.
3. Then hot glued all of them on. Any glue would work but that's all we had.




Leaf Impressions.

Cameo had the idea to use the leaves we had picked to make these:




Edible Necklaces.


I got this idea from Babycenter.com. I brought some the cheaper version of Fruit Loops with licorice for the kids to string and eat.





Hair clips.

Kimberly brought these and made them for Annie and the other cousins. She took all of the plastic stem and other parts out of the flower and stuck some cute clear jewel looking things in the middle. She glued them all onto a clip. I clipped it onto one of Annie's headbands.





Table Settings.

We all took a night for dinner. I had my niece, Avery, decorate the table so with my sister-in-law Sloane, they picked flowers and put in the middle. We cut limes and put on the plates for the carne asada burritos.


Kids' table.




Activity Page.

My niece, Megan, likes to babysit so I told her about the activity I made for my babysitting kit when I was younger. Different games and activities are under pieces of paper. The kids flip the papers over and that's the activity that will be played. She did a good job. I'll have to make one for my kids.




1 comment: