Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rings.

Sometimes before Carleton and I go out on our dates, we stop in at Barnes and Noble to look at the books. A lot of times, I hit the craft section. I found a jewelry book with a cool idea for a ring. So I've been inspired to make rings lately. Here's what I came up with the other day (I'll post the one I made from the book another day):

Here's how I did it:

Materials Needed:
6 small round beads
Tiny beads (the ones that are on the inside of the hand and not seen too much)
String (I used a black, stretchy one that I found in the jewelry section of Michaels)

1. Cut 2 pieces of the string and put three beads on each (the beads that will make up the main part of the ring that people see).

2. Put the tiny beads (the ones that will be on the inside of your hand) on one of the strings. You can change the length later if you need more or less tiny beads.


3. Tie a knot on each side of the main beads to make a circle.

4. Bring the small beads around the back and tie a knot (it will be over one of the knots you made for the main bead earlier).

This is how the back of the ring will look. I made a side knot, just so I wouldn't see the knot in the back (the middle inside of my finger) but since nobody really sees that part of the ring, you could knot it there and it would be easier to make overall (not that they're hard).

Here's the finished product:


Here's one I did with turquoise beads:





Every Friday I get together with friends and craft while the kids play with toys at our church nursery. We made some rings together. These are just fun stones and beads I had and we used clear stretchy string. My ring cut into my finger a little so I would suggest using some tiny clear beads to connect on the back and just knot the string in the back (the back being the middle inside of your finger that isn't seen).

4 comments:

  1. cute rings!
    also, i actually just bought the polka dot version of my bathing suit and added the ties from an old bikini and wore the bottoms underneath.i got the body from target, but check this place out. you will probably really like it!

    https://modbeclothing.com/Category_Landing_page.asp?Supercategory=Women

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love this idea! I'm going to pass the beaded section more often now! Thanks for the tips :) I love your new header too! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea Robyn. I like how they turned out. And, again I love the header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't keep up with you!! I love it!! Keep posting all your neet ideas!! I forgot about the placemat idea. I did that a long long time ago!! Thanks Robyn!!

    ReplyDelete