Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fall.

The new camera we ordered came in so I took some pics of some of my fall decorations.



California Wreath.



I got this idea from the Nov. Martha Stewart magazine. I had collected some nuts while rock climbing and others from hiking at different vacation spots around CA (that's where I came up with the name), saving them to make some bracelets. The other day I took the kids for a jog and we collected some nuts in a nearby neighborhood. I'm going to change the ribbon from brown to red for Christmas. So easy. Apollo put a lot of the nuts on - great kids project because you can't go wrong. Here's how:

Materials Needed
Flat 12" wreath form (got it at Michaels)
Hot glue gun
Lots of nuts

Directions
1. I had a bowl to set the wreath form on and it made it easier to glue.
2. Cover the inside, front, and outside of the wreath completely to form the bottom layer.
3. Look for any holes (where you can see the wreath form) and glue more nuts on top of the bottom layer of nuts.

4. Add the ribbon.

The nuts stick out in the back so I didn't put mine on the door (they can pop off) so I hung it on my hatstand where it won't be moved.



Pumpkin. My mom made this and sent it to me a couple of years ago. It was a crate she got from a nursery and she cut the pumpkin out with her scroll saw.






Napkins. Mom sent this to me this year. She appliqued the leaves on and outlines with the puff paint.







2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful wreath- what a great idea! You are so crafty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All really great ideas. I love the wreath. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete