Sunday, November 22, 2009

Our Latest Project.


We downloaded these from the Fisher Price online toddler games. Click here and go to Alphabet Coloring Pages. Apollo and I had fun coloring them together. Now we can look at them and I'll ask them about the pics on his wall. A fun way to learn the alphabet.





I had an aha moment the other day when I babysat for one of my friends. She lives in a two bedroom apartment where her three little kids sleep in one room. Her husband is a teacher and she is a stay at home mom. Instead of expensive decorations, she has a map and the alphabet above the kitchen table. There were little pieces of paper taped labeling everything in their house and had it in Spanish as well. The kids were so nice to each other-even nice to the baby when he was crawling around and getting into their space. They were all into reading the books I brought over. Very smart and very well behaved kids. She inspired me to put the alphabet up on Apollo's wall. I love to decorate-but what could be better to put up? She showed that you don't need a lot of money to raise an incredible family. She is very thoughtful about her parenting and her efforts show.

1 comment:

  1. i love, love, LOVE your creativity!!! you have the cutest activities for your kiddos and some crafty little friends too! as soon as we have a printer, i plan on printing a bunch of your ideas :) thanks for sharing them!!!

    ReplyDelete